Sports performance experts at UPMC Sports Medicine provide individuals with the tools and techniques to achieve peak performance in life’s activities. We strive for efficiency of human movement through the enhancement of functional movement, and correction of imbalances in sports and life.
The sports performance team believes that by doing an in-depth functional movement assessment (FMA), we can help identify what is keeping athletes from reaching their individual peak performance. The information gained from the FMA is used to create a safe and properly periodized strength and conditioning program designed to fit each individual’s needs.
Our program consists of exercises to:
- Improve flexibility
- Increase strength
- Improve power output
- Decrease ground contact time
- Increase speed/agility
- Increase core strength
- Prevent injuries
From evaluation to group or individual training, Sports Performance at UPMC Sports Medicine has programs and or services to help both individuals and teams reach top performance.
Our services include:
- Functional movement assessment, which consists of an assessment of flexibility and strength, an evaluation of core strength, and a biomechanical analysis.
- Gait assessment.
- VO2 max estimation using a state-of-the-art computerized program.
- Body analysis which uses photographs to provide individuals with an accurate exercise prescription.
- Sport-specific video analysis to analyze the movement patterns of an individual's sport.
- Body fat analysis.
For a complete listing of services, click here.
Sports performance services can help individuals reach their fitness goals. Our goal is to help make tasks more manageable by increasing functional capacity.
- One-on-one or group sports performance training and conditioning: Our sports performance team will help individuals reach their athletic goals by placing them in a sound, scientifically-based program designed to achieve decreased ground reaction time, increase strength, increase the rate of force production, and improve flexibility and core strength.
- Team training: Our experts can help with pre-season conditioning, in-season conditioning and strength training, and off-season training and conditioning. Our programs are custom built to meet teams' needs.
- ACL Prevention Program: Sports performance at UPMC Sports Performance offers a dynamic ACL prevention program.
For out-of-pocket pricing and more information about performance services, click here.