Women often experience digestive disorders quite differently than men. Hormonal and anatomical differences — as well as the effects of normal aging, pregnancy, and menopause — can impact both the severity and symptoms of gastrointestinal (GI) illness for women.
The UPMC Magee Digestive Disorders Center is a collaboration between the UPMC Digestive Disorders Center and UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital to provide GI care that’s personalized for the needs of women.
Our experts specialize in treating women with GI conditions and complications that can arise during pregnancy, following bariatric surgery, or as a result of other digestive disorders, such as endometriosis.
Why Choose The UPMC Magee Digestive Disorders Center?
Here’s how the center delivers specialty GI services that’s personalized for the needs of women:
- We’re dedicated to the womancare philosophy, which places women at the center of their health care delivery. It’s personalized medicine that empowers women to make informed and educated wellness choices.
- Our cross-disciplinary approach to care combines the expertise of gastroenterologists, urogynecologists, gynecologists, surgeons, obstetricians, and other specialists.
- Because of our affiliation with UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, we can provide seamless, coordinated care in one center with a focus on women.
- We use the latest technology to diagnose and treat digestive disorders in women.
- We support women throughout many stages of life, including during pregnancy, which can often exacerbate existing GI illness or cause new symptoms as a result of hormonal changes.