Due to hormonal and anatomical differences, women often experience digestive disorders quite differently than men. These complications can often be discovered through annual tests such as mammograms or gynecologic screening.
The doctors at UPMC’s Center for Women’s Digestive Health offer personalized care for women experiencing a wide range of gastrointestinal (GI) illnesses.
Among the conditions we treat and:
- Fecal incontinence caused by weakening of a woman's pelvic floor
- Digestive conditions related to bariatric surgery or weight loss
- Endometriosis and other conditions that overlap with digestive disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Celiac disease
- Sexual dysfunction related to inflammatory bowel disease
- GI illnesses and symptoms during pregnancy, including:
- Crohn's disease
- Liver disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Acid reflux
Learn about digestive diseases in women in our Health Library.