UPMC Bariatric Services at UPMC Altoona
Are you more than 80 pounds overweight and haven’t been able to lose it on your own? Is your excess weight causing health problems or affecting your daily life?
You're not alone. 4 in 10 adults struggle with serious weight problems that can increase the risk of health issues such as:
- Heart disease
- Breathing problems
- Certain types of cancer
If you’re ready to lose weight — and other attempts haven't worked — Bariatric Services at UPMC Altoona can help. Our team's goal is to improve your health and quality of life.
Contact UPMC Bariatric Services at UPMC Altoona
To learn more about bariatric services at UPMC Altoona, call 814-889-7500 or email BariatricCoordinator@upmc.edu.
What Is Bariatric Surgery and How Can It Help Me?
Bariatric surgery limits how much food you can eat or the number of calories your body absorbs.
At UPMC Altoona, we offer gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and other types of weight loss surgeries.
When coupled with changes in lifestyle and eating habits, bariatric surgery can:
- Provide long-term weight loss that can lead to a longer, healthier life.
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Improve sleep apnea.
See if bariatric surgery is right for you.
How We Can Help with Your Weight Loss Success
Our full range of services includes:
Why Choose UPMC Altoona for Weight Loss Surgery?
Here’s what makes us stand out:
- Our MBSAQIP accreditation as a Comprehensive Center for Bariatric Surgery — the highest level in the nation for bariatric surgery centers.
- Our bariatric surgeons and staff. Our team is among the most skilled in central Pa. in assessing and getting you ready for surgery.
- Our support. We're here for you throughout your weight loss journey — before, during, and long after your life-changing bariatric surgery.
UPMC Bariatric Services
Learn more about UPMC Bariatric Services.