What Types of Care Can I Get Through Telemedicine?
Telemedicine services can help people access UPMC's expert care for chronic, complex, and urgent conditions.
UPMC offers telehealth care for many conditions and specialties, including but not limited to:
- Brain care. UPMC offers teleneurology visits to new and follow-up patients. Find out what to expect during your video visit with one of UPMC's neurologists.
- Children's health. UPMC is a leader in health care technology, we use it in lots of ways — from saving your spot at Children's Express Care to using telemedicine to diagnose, monitor, and treat children from a distance.
- Chronic pain. Our Pain Telemedicine services at UPMC reduce in-person medical visits for people with pain. View a list of services we offer through virtual care at UPMC.
- Critical care. UPMC intensivists are available for video consults 24 hours a day via TeleICU, a critical care provider-to-provider telemedicine service.
- Dermatology. If you have a rash, acne, or other skin concern, you don't have to wait long to see a doctor, UPMC's Teledermatology program offers quick and secure online care.
- Digestive health. UPMC's GI doctors use telemedicine to provide remote care for people with digestive problems or diseases. We offer virtual care visits by video, phone, or online.
- Endocrine and hormone-related diseases. People with diabetes, osteoporosis, thyroid disease, and other hormone-related conditions can get expert online care from UPMC's endocrinologists.
- Heart health. Telemedicine makes it easy to access expert heart care at UPMC, receive treatment for heart problems, whether you live in Pittsburgh or miles away.
- Infectious diseases. The UPMC Center for Care of Infectious Diseases offers a wide range of services through telehealth ranging from HIV medicine to post travel infections.
- Internal medicine. Internal medicine specialists at UPMC use video visits to connect with both new and established patients, for sick visits, follow-ups and more.
- Lung and breathing problems. People with breathing issues, sleep problems, and other lung conditions can get help at UPMC. We use state-of-the-art, secure video equipment so your doctor learns as much about you as they would in person.
- Mental health. Our Telepsychiatry Program offers interactive mental health care through secure, real-time audio and video-conferencing.
- Primary care. Primary care telemedicine offers many advantages to help you stay on top of your health, much like in-person office visits. Scheduling a video visit for your routine or recurring care has never been easier.
- Rheumatic diseases. Our doctors diagnose rheumatic diseases early, manage chronic conditions, and provide follow-up care via telemedicine.
- Sleep medicine. Telehealth has transformed how we do much of our sleep-related testing at UPMC, you can now do your sleep study in the safety and comfort of your own home.
- Stroke care. UPMC's Telestroke Services provide 24/7 assessments and treatments for acute stroke patients.
- Women's health. UPMC Magee-Womens offers video visits for a number of health care services ranging from Bladder & Pelvic Health to Family Planning.
If you don't see your specialty listed above, contact your provider to find out if telehealth is an option for your treatment.
Learn more about Telemedicine services offered at UPMC in Central Pa.