Heart and Vascular Tests and Procedures
UPMC Content 2
Diagnostic tests and procedures help doctors at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute evaluate cardiovascular diseases and plan treatment.
Some of the heart tests and procedures we perform include:
- Heart catheterization — state-of-the-art imaging technology to diagnose and treat common, complex, and even life-threatening heart and vascular conditions.
- Transradial cardiac catheterization — a more comfortable alternative to traditional heart catheterization.
- Cardiac genetic testing — cutting-edge diagnostic testing and treatments for all forms of hereditary cardiovascular diseases.
- Cardiac imaging — advanced echocardiography, cardiac MRI, and nuclear imaging technology to diagnose heart disease.
- Electrophysiology — expert risk identification and a variety of therapies to diagnose and treat arrhythmias and other heart rhythm disorders.
- Nuclear stress testing — one of the most common tests doctors use to diagnose and treat many cardiovascular conditions.
Some of the vascular tests and procedures include:
- Dialysis Access — treatment for people with end-stage kidney disease to filter waste out of their blood
- Screening for Vascular Diseases — the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute offers screenings and tests for a variety of vascular diseases, which could save your life
- Venous Stents — procedure that allows veins to stay open and improve blood flow
Why Choose UPMC for Heart and Vascular Care?
Make an appointment
» To make an appointment or learn more about our services, contact the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Learn More About Cardiovascular Tests and Procedures
From our Health Library at UPMC.com