A Team Approach at the Center for Assistive Technology (CAT)
CAT takes a team approach when working with clients and their families.
All members of our team have advanced training in assistive technology and are committed to staying on top of the latest technology.
Clients also are an important part of the team. Because assistive technology affects everyday life, you and your friends and family are not only part of the decision-making and education process, but are the experts in what works best for you.
The CAT Team
- Medical doctors (MD or DO) specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Address medical issues
- Help clients and patients in making decisions about technology
Occupational and physical therapists
- Certified as assistive technology practitioners
- Analyze needs and help with selecting the appropriate technology
- Provide training with selected devices
Rehabilitation engineers and rehab engineering technologists
- Certified providers
- Use engineering principles to make, customize, and fabricate assistive devices
- Help clients who need augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Study and evaluate hearing impairment and loss
- Work to rehabilitate individuals with hearing disorders
Vocational rehabilitation counselors
- Certified counselors
- Specialize in social and vocational integration
Assistive and rehabilitation technology suppliers