At UPMC Magee-Womens in central Pa., we understand the unique health care needs of women. No matter what age or stage of life you’re in, our physicians, nurses and support staff are here to help you stay healthy.
We are here to answer your questions and provide you with the services that are right for you. You can expect comprehensive care from physicians, nurses, and specialists who are trained in women's health. Thanks to our integration with UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, our patients have the benefit of access to even more expertise right here in central Pa.
For more than one hundred years, UPMC Magee has been committed to caring for women and their families. Magee, a world-class center for both women’s health and comprehensive medical-surgical care, was one of the first hospitals to be recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as a National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health. And now that history and tradition of excellence has expanded to central Pa.
You can count on us to be your partner in healing and in health. Our comprehensive services include:
- Behavioral Health. The psychiatrists and therapists at Women's Behavioral Health Specialists help women manage the emotional and behavioral disorders and symptoms related to a range of conditions.
- Breast Health. Our advanced imaging technology means you have access to the most comprehensive screening, diagnostic and treatment options available.
- Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment. The Women's Cancer Center at UPMC in central Pa. offers personalized care and advanced treatment for vulvar, vaginal, cervical, endometrial (uterine) and ovarian cancers.
- Cardiovascular Care. Our CardioVascular Institute offers specialized care for women at risk of or experiencing heart disease.
- Fertility Services. Infertility affects about 12 percent of couples of childbearing age. If you are having difficulty conceiving or carrying a baby, our experts will provide compassionate, advanced care to determine the cause of infertility.
- Osteoporosis. We provide the most comprehensive osteoporosis program in the area to help women with prevention, diagnosis and management of the disease.
- Pennsylvania Breast & Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (PA-BCCEDP). (formerly called the HealthyWoman Program (HWP)) Have you lost income or health insurance because of COVID-19? You may qualify for free breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services. Click here to find out if you qualify.
- Pregnancy and Childbirth. From preconception to postpartum care, you'll find all the services you need in one place. Our team of physicians, nurses, specialists and educators are here to provide the highest level of care during your pregnancy while giving you the best possible birth experience.
- Pelvic and Bladder Health. Women of all ages and races can suffer from bladder and pelvic floor disorders. Learn more about how our urogynecology experts can help.
- Sexual Assault Services. If you are a victim of sexual assault, you can receive the support and care you need from UPMC in Central Pa. Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) Program.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery. We provide relief to women with common gynecologic conditions such as heavy periods, adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, ovarian cysts, and pelvic pain using special surgical tools to perform minimally invasive procedures.
Do you need more information about Women's Health services at UPMC in Central Pa.? Call us at 717-231-8900.
Find Women's Health locations in Central, Pa.