Foot and Ankle Services and Treatments
Our foot and ankle surgeons use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat all types of foot, ankle, and heel conditions.
Imaging and testing
Digitized x-ray systems let us see everything in real time, so you won’t be waiting for results.
Imaging technologies and other diagnostic tools include:
- Arthrograms — an x-ray to help diagnose the cause of unexplained joint pain.
- Bone scans.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans.
- Hand-held Doppler units — ultrasound tools that can detect a blockage in the blood vessels.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
Foot, ankle, and heel treatments
At UPMC Orthopaedic Care, we never take shortcuts when it comes to choosing the right treatment. Whenever we can, we use minimally invasive techniques to treat your foot, ankle, or heel problem.
To make sure you can enjoy the most active lifestyle possible, we offer a broad span of treatment options, including:
- Advanced external fixation
- Ankle replacement
- Amputation prevention and limb salvage surgery
- Arthritis care
- Bone graft substitutes and bone-fusing protein
- Bunion removal
- Cartilage repair
- Club foot repair
- Foot and ankle fracture care
- Hammer toe repair
- Injections to reduce pain and swelling
- Joint arthroplasty
- Joint replacement
- Ligament reconstructions
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Torn tendon and ligament repair
- Resurfacing procedures