Learn more about the sleep disorders and conditions we treat at the UPMC Sleep Medicine Center in our health library.
- Circadian rhythm disorders: problems with your sleep-wake cycle.
- Hypersomnia: excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Insomnia: trouble falling or staying asleep.
- Narcolepsy: sudden sleep attacks and sometimes muscle weakness.
- Nightmares/night terrors: common sleep problems in children.
- Restless legs syndrome: a crawling feeling, most often in the legs, when you lie down to sleep.
- Sleep apnea: blocked or narrowed airway causes you to stop breathing.
- Sleep eating: waking during the night to eat large amounts of food.
- Sleepwalking: getting up during deep sleep and walking around or doing other complex actions.
- Snoring: tissues of the airway vibrate against the back of the throat.
- Upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS): narrowed airway and snoring that severely disrupt sleep.
Health Problems That Can Affect Sleep
We can also help those who have sleeping problems because of:
Certain drugs to treat stroke or cancer can also cause sleep problems.
Contact Us to Learn More About Sleep Conditions
Contact the UPMC Sleep Medicine Center to learn more or make an appointment.
If you have an emergency and need help right away, call 412-692-2882.