Crisis Services at Safe Harbor Behavioral Health of UPMC Hamot
When you’re having a crisis — such as depression, anxiety, or thoughts of suicide — call 814-456-2014 or 1-800-300-9558.
What Is a Crisis?
Examples of a crisis include:
- Thoughts of suicide
- Uncomfortable symptoms of mental illness
- Stressful events (financial, job loss, homelessness)
- Relationship problems
- Substance abuse
- Family concerns
- Parenting needs
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Depression or anxiety
Around-the-Clock Crisis Services
Access our mental health crisis services
- Phone: Call and speak to a trained crisis staff member anytime. They
will assess your crisis and offer aid or help refer you to valuable community resources.
- Walk-In: Come directly to the Crisis Center. Meet face-to-face with a crisis
counselor to obtain treatment, referrals, or information. No appointment necessary.
- Mobile On-site: Get on-location support in emergency situations. Crisis staff will offer treatment, help to the hospital for evaluation, and other on-scene support.
- Follow-Up: Receive follow-up care and support after your first contact with Crisis Services. You can come to our office or we can follow up with you at your home.
If you or a loved one need mental health support, call Crisis Services 814-456-2014 or 1-800-300-9558.