At the UPMC Department of Neurology, our top priority is providing world-class care to patients with a wide range of neurological conditions. From diagnosis to treatment, we are committed to our patients' health and safety.
That commitment remains strong during the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to provide the expert care you expect from us, while doing everything we can to keep you safe from COVID-19.
If you need us, we are here for you.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority at the UPMC Department of Neurology
The UPMC Department of Neurology provides diagnosis and treatment for many neurological conditions, including Parkinson's disease, stroke, and epilepsy.
If you need to visit us for an appointment during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking every step to keep you safe.
We are following all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- We screen patients and staff for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
- We have expanded our testing capacity for the coronavirus. Find out more about our testing procedures.
- We require all adults and children over 2 years old to wear facemasks at all times inside all UPMC facilities.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to extensively clean all of our facilities. We are especially focused on sanitizing high-touch areas like countertops and doorknobs.
- Our health care workers can provide expert care for any of your medical needs. We have enough supplies of masks, gowns, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep them — and you — safe.
- To protect our patients and staff, and to limit the potential for the spread of infectious disease, we currently are restricting visitors and volunteers at UPMC facilities. See our updated policy.
To find out more about what we're doing to provide care and keep you safe from COVID-19, visit upmc.com/COVID19.
What to Expect During Your In-Person Neurology Visit
It's safe to make a doctor's appointment and undergo a procedure.
We have updated our facility policies to provide necessary protection to patients and staff, rolling out extensive precautions.
Before your appointment, talk to your doctor about what to expect on your visit, including:
- When to arrive.
- What to do when you get there.
- What you should bring.
You must wear a facemask to enter our facilities and continue to wear it throughout the building. We also ask that you follow COVID-19 preventive measures, such as regular handwashing and proper social distancing.
More than ever, we're working to protect you. You can count on us.
More Resources From the UPMC Department of Neurology
- Schedule your appointment: For more information about the UPMC Department of Neurology or to make an appointment, call 412-692-4920.
- Video visits: To learn more about MyUPMC Video Visits, or to schedule one with your doctor or specialist, visit UPMC.com/VideoVisits.
- Visitor restrictions: We are currently restricting visitors at our locations to protect patients and staff. Find out more about our policy.