At UPMC's Comprehensive Lung Center, our pulmonary experts work to provide the best care possible for respiratory conditions.
That commitment remains our focus during the COVID-19 crisis in our communities. We still are providing the expert care you expect from us, while also doing everything we can to keep you safe from the coronavirus.
Raising Awareness and Increasing Education about COVID-19
We understand that you may be feeling anxious, fearful, and frustrated during these uncertain times. Many doctors share these same feelings. As your partner, we are dedicated to increasing education about COVID-19 and providing you, or your loved one, with the most up-to-date information so you can confidently make the best decision for your health, especially about your lung health.
Below is an important message from our team at the UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center. Please help us raise awareness and educate our community by reviewing this information and/or sharing with anyone who know who is suffering from lung disease.
Our offices are open for appointments – in person or by video. You can call 412-648-6161 to schedule an appointment. If you have a MyUPMC account, you can also reach out to your doctor through this application.
UPMC HealthBeat Podcast: UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center
Join Dr. Christopher Faber, director of Outpatient Services, UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center as he discusses the cutting edge and individualized care available for patients dealing with a range of lung issues from mild conditions to complex diseases and the steps that his team is taking to help patients return to care during COVID-19. Listen to the full podcast.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority at the UPMC Comprehensive Lung Center
Our team of pulmonary, allergy, and critical care medicine specialists provide diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of lung conditions.
Whether you're suffering from a chronic condition or need a procedure, it is safe for you to make an appointment. We are following all recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We screen patients and staff for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
- We have expanded our testing capacities for the coronavirus. Find out more about our testing procedures.
- We require all adults and children over 2 years old to wear facemasks at all times inside all UPMC facilities.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to extensively clean all of our facilities. We are especially focused on sanitizing high-touch areas like countertops and doorknobs.
- Our health care workers can provide expert care for any of your medical needs. We have enough supplies of masks, gowns, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep them — and you — safe.
To find out more about what we're doing to provide care and keep you safe from COVID-19, visit upmc.com/COVID19.
What to Expect During Your In-Person Pulmonology Visit
We are taking every step to make sure you can visit us safely. To ensure the safety of patients and staff, we have updated some of the policies at our facilities, making extensive precautions.
Before your appointment, talk to the clinic staff about what to expect on your visit, including:
- When to arrive at the Lung Center.
- What to do when you get there.
- What you should bring.
You must wear a facemask to enter our facilities and continue to wear it throughout the building. We also ask that you follow COVID-19 preventive measures, such as regular handwashing and proper social distancing.
More than ever, we're working to protect you. You can count on us.
More UPMC Resources
- Schedule your appointment: To schedule an appointment, call 412-648-6161.
- UPMC Video Visits: To learn more about MyUPMC Video Visits, or to schedule one with your doctor or specialist, visit UPMC.com/VideoVisits.
- Visitor restrictions: We are currently restricting visitors at our locations to protect patients and staff. Find out more about our policy.
- UPMC Pulmonary Care: COVID-19 Fact Sheet: The UPMC Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine is committed to supporting their patients with the latest information and facts. Learn more about COVID-19 and lung health (PDF).