As the COVID-19 pandemic continues in western Pennsylvania and beyond, UPMC is committed to keeping patients, staff, and our community safe. We also are focused on continuing to provide the expert level of care you expect for your health.
At UPMC Imaging Services, we know we provide necessary services for many of you, and we are continuing to do so. Whether you need your annual mammogram or a diagnostic MRI, X-ray, or CT scan, we are here for you.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority at UPMC Imaging
Imaging services are an important part of preventive and diagnostic care. When needed, you can visit one of our more than 100 locations.
We are taking every step to keep you safe at our offices located in New York, Maryland, and throughout Pennsylvania.
It's safe to make a doctor's appointment and undergo a procedure.
We have updated our facility policies to provide necessary protection to patients and staff, rolling out extensive precautions.
Before your appointment, talk to your doctor about what to expect on your visit, including:
- When to arrive.
- What to do when you get there.
- What you should bring.
Depending on the type of scan you're getting, there may be special instructions for preparation.
You must wear a facemask to enter our facilities and continue to wear it throughout the building. We also ask that you follow COVID-19 preventive measures, such as regular handwashing and proper social distancing.
For more information about what to expect during your imaging visit, visit our website.
More than ever, we're working to protect you. You can count on us.
What to Expect During an In-Person Visit at a UPMC Facility
We are following all recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We screen patients and staff for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
- We have expanded our testing capacity for the coronavirus. Find out more about our testing procedures.
- We require all adults and children over 2 years old to wear facemasks at all times inside all UPMC facilities.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to extensively clean all of our facilities. We are especially focused on sanitizing high-touch areas like countertops and doorknobs.
- Our health care workers can provide expert care for any of your medical needs. We have enough supplies of masks, gowns, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep them — and you — safe.
- To protect our patients and staff, and to limit the potential for the spread of infectious disease, we currently are restricting visitors and volunteers at UPMC facilities. See our updated policy.
To find out more about what we're doing to provide care and keep you safe from COVID-19, visit upmc.com/COVID19.
More UPMC Resources
- Schedule your appointment: Depending on your health insurance plan, you may need a referral or pre-authorization from your doctor. To make an appointment for a scan, fill out our online form.
- Visitor restrictions: We are currently restricting visitors at our locations to protect patients and staff. Find out more about our policy.