Open: UPMC Walk-in Center
1414 9th Ave
Altoona, PA 16602
The Walk-in Center is located at Entrance 12
Hours: Mon - Fri: 7:30 am to 7:30 pm
Sat: 8 am to Noon
Accepting patients ages five years and older.
UPMC Walk-in Center
420 Central Way
Bedford, PA 15522
Hours: Monday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Seeing patients age 18 and older.
Services at Altoona and Bedford Walk-in Centers
No appointment is necessary. Treatment for symptoms or medical conditions, including:
- Allergies, rashes, and poison ivy
- Back pain
- Cuts, bumps, bruises
- Earache, eye infections
- Flu or cold symptoms
- Sinus pain and infection
- Sore throat
- Other medical conditions
We are not able to test patients for COVID-19. We are temporarily conducting initial patient evaluations on the phone or with a video visit. When arriving at the Walk-in Center, you can expect:
- A safe and clean environment
- To maximize social distancing, patients may be asked to wait in the car until the appointment time
- Patients and support persons will be pre-screened prior to entering the office
- Patients must wear a mask inside the office
- Social distancing is required inside the office
- If needed, one support person may accompany a patient and social distancing should be maintained
Patients should not bring children inside the office, unless the child is the patient being cared for.